Friday 17 May 2019

Stone Love



Fresh from my craft desk today! So fresh, it's still steaming. :-) This A5 size (5" x 7") card is for my Uncle's birthday next week. My mother's side of the family are 'Stone', so when I found a Kaisercraft embossing folder (Cobblestone, Ref: EF299), I thought it was perfect.

I embossed it in white card, and using Inkylicious Ink Dusters (double-ended brushes), I built up some colour with Distress Oxide ink in Pumice Stone. To deepen the colour and give the stones an edge, I repeated the swirling with Memento Grey Flannel. It achieved pretty much what I envisaged, and I'm pleased with the effect.

The embossed piece is layered onto black card, then silver. I ran an embossing ball tool around the edge, to smooth the edges down. (Mirror card can look a bit 'raw' on the edges, so it helps to neaten them up a bit.)


The card is wrapped in silver thread.. no bows, of course.. it's for a manly man. I mocked up a dictionary definition for 'Stone', including some personal family references, printed it and mounted that on low profile 3D pads. The 'Happy Birthday' is also computer-generated.



No comments: