Thursday 23 May 2019

Roses Are Read



This is a hot-from-the-craft-desk ATC (Artist's Trading Card, 2½" x 3½"), Roses Are Read (not a mis-spelling!) It would have worked better, perhaps, if the left hand rose had been stamped the right way up!

I used black card and stamped distressed mini harlequins from Bee Crafty's collection of 'Backdrops' stamps, using Versafine Black Onyx and Stampendous Clear Detail embossing powder. They don't really show very well in the photo.. better up close and personal in real life. I glued a couple of old book pages to cardstock, and - once dry - I sponged Worn Lipstick Distress Ink over the top. When that was dry, I stamped and clear embossed the (now red) pages with Stamp Addicts 'Rose' stamp, ref: SA-7156. (The Distress Ink wasn't quite dry, so I ended up clear embossing the whole surface!) Lol.. I cut the roses out and inked the edges. One side of each of the roses was raised on Sticky Fixers for some dimension. I made two bows out of silver thread, folded and tucked them in. The words are computer-generated, and I've added three small clear gems to finish it.




No comments: