Sunday 5 May 2019

Believe



I'm sure I've blogged this one before, but I can't find it and wanted to tie up with a Facebook group post, so here it is again! Apologies if you've seen it before. Now.. this is also from the archives, c. 2009, so I'm going to have to cast my mind back and see if I can recall the details. I may not be 100% accurate! ;-)

A5 size card (5" x 7"), cut from a bluey grey Bazzill. The paper background is made from blending inks and random floral stamping. The main sentiment is stamped in a co-ordinating ink. I think this was one of my first attempts at a grungy effect. The edges are distressed by tearing and then inking. 'Congratulations' is a stamp. It looks like I used a metallic Encore silver pigment ink for that, and the 'you did it!' was made from alphabet dies.. Quickutz, I think. (Does anyone ever still use them these days? You never hear them mentioned.)

The next layer is the navy blue organza ribbon, topped with silver grey eyelash twine, and a glittery silver thread wrap. Then the gerbera daisy and Prima flower with lilac cabochon gem. Silver dragonfly brads and the silver metal 'believe' word, which I think was from Making Memories.


No comments: