Thursday 16 May 2019

Safe Harbour



Again, one from the archives.. around 2009. This card served two purposes... an old friend, a lady pastor who leads a small Christian fellowship, told me she will be having a stall at our local Summer Fair, and asked me to make some Christian-themed cards with scripture to sell on the stall. This is the first... made to a Trimcraft Sketch Challenge layout. (NB: This link will now take you to the Trimcraft forum where they have Challenges, but the forum has been updated since 2009, so that sketch is no longer available.)

On the inside of the boat panel, I have used the following scripture from Psalm 18:2:

"The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. "


Stamps: The yacht is an old PSX stamp, and the swirls are from the 'Elegant Flourishes' set by Rhonna Farrer. (Yacht image coloured with watercolour pencils, and decorated with silver glitter glue for the bow wave, and Glossy Accents to highlight the boat and sails.)
Paper: Basic Grey Blitzen Collection, BLI-348 Polar Blue (but heavily sponged with shades of ink from a Kaleidocolor pad, Blue Breeze, which is also used for the flourish on the inside of the card)
Rub-ons: Making Memories 'Heidi' alphabet
Gems, navy & embossed silver cardstock and brads from stash.



No comments: