Wednesday 20 February 2019

Goodbye, Tornado



This is a card I made for my dad back in 2004. He retired as a Group Captain in the RAF. My mother also served in the 1950s. They met when they were representing the RAF in rifle shooting at Bisley, now the National Shooting Centre, in Surrey.

The iconic Tornado retires now after 40 years service, and I remembered this card. It doesn't show the Tornado.. it shows the Harrier, the Nimrod and the Jaguar, but all military aircraft that tug at my nostalgic heart strings. My salute, in a way.

Here's my dad at Buckingham Palace when he was a Wing-Commander, after collecting his OBE, and my mum showing the special plaque she was given to recognise her being the first woman to be selected to shoot for the main RAF rifle team. You can probably tell, I'm very proud!







No comments: