Tuesday 26 February 2019

First Birthday Teddy



This is fresh from my craft desk for a friend's baby's 1st birthday this coming Friday. It also meets the criteria for a Shaped Card challenge (circle) on a Facebook group I belong to. Handy, that. ;-)

My first circular card, so quite an undertaking for me, but I'm pleased with how it came out. I used a large circle die to cut the base card, and then Tonic's Intrica Butterfly Circle Doily die set, ref: 581E to cut the second layer. I was planning to use a layer of kraft card, as well, but that didn't work out, so I coloured the outer rim of the base card with Chalk Eyes Creamy Brown ink, so that it would show through and complement the colour scheme provided by the Hunkydory images.


I used a circle die to cut out the Hunkydory background image, and stole a gold circle from another HD die-cut. The figure '1' is computer-generated using Wordart in the Garamond font, printed on card, the edges inked and then embossed with a Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder. I tied a bow around it in cream satin ribbon and then 3D'd it to the card at an angle. The teddy bear is fussy-cut from the same Hunkydory background and also 3D'd to the card. I finished the design with three little faux gems, and trimmed across the bottom to help keep it upright! I've sent it in a box, wrapped in tissue, so I hope it will be a keepsake.



No comments: