Tuesday 26 February 2019

Blue Stripe Florals



This one is also fresh from my craft desk, made for a Sketch/Layout Challenge on a Facebook group I belong to. Here is the sketch layout ( ©Maureen Merritt):


And here is my interpretation:


I made a splattery paint and ink background, cut it into strips and inked the edges in Chalk Eyes Blue Iris ink, glued them to embossed silver card and cut that into strips as well, embossed around the edges with a large ball tool to smooth them down. I stuck them at a deliberately random, wonky angle on the card panel, deliberately also hanging over the edges. The panel was then 3D'd to the main A5 card (UK size). The floral die is from Memory Box, 'Fresh Picked Flowers', ref: 99910, cut in silver mirror card (obvs), and just stuck down with random dabs of glue, so that it's not fully attached to give a kind of 'blowing in the wind' effect! I haven't added a sentiment, as you see, because it could be used for just about anything feminine, but if I were going to right now, it would probably be 'Friendship' or 'Blossom'.





No comments: