Saturday 5 January 2019

Wire Rose - Save The Date card



This is the start of a series of wedding-themed designs.. mainly invitations, but with an alternative greeting, they would work equally well for other occasions.

When I had my own handcrafted wedding stationery business, I learned very quickly that designs had to be very simple and quick to produce in volume. Believe me, when you are making your 100th invitation in the same design, you are climbing the walls! Starting with a complex design makes it at least ten times worse!

This one uses paper from K&Co., torn along the middle edges with co-ordinating vellum peeking out from underneath. The sentiment is stamped in a matching colour of ink, and the rose was one I picked up in a craft fair, but something similar could be easily replicated if you have some basic skills and tools. This is quite a thick wire, but I would recommend using silver-plated wire, which is not that much more expensive.




No comments: