Sunday 6 January 2019

Vellum Rosebuds Wedding Invitation



This is an old photo, and not the best, I'm afraid, but this was my most popular design. I printed wedding vows onto vellum. Nowadays, I would most likely have tried it with rice paper (the kind sold by Indigo Blu, which is printable). You can also purchase these vows now as a rubber stamp, so you could stamp on vellum, or rice paper. I know there is an Ebay seller... Skibo something.. who makes and sells wedding stamps, and they're great quality. If you can't find him, there are plenty of other options. Have a Google.

Anyway, I used two layers of vellum, one plain, and tore the edges of both layers to give a kind of distressed overlapping effect. I secured the corners with brads, as glue doesn't work well with vellum. (It shows through.) I stamped 'Wedding Invitation' in Encore metallic silver ink.. no embossing because of the warping. Crossed rosebuds. (I always snip the ends off the stalks. It neatens them up, or is that a bit OCD?) A piece of silver-plated jewellery wire twisted into a bow shape and stuck on top of the rosebuds with a micro glue dot completes the design. Easy peasy.

No comments: