Wednesday 12 December 2018

Thank You Stars!



Apologies for brief absence, but I brought a note... signed by BT! Grrr! No broadband service for days! (unhappy face) Amazing how much you miss it when it's not there! BUT.. on the bright side, I had to find other things to do, and what better than finish all my cards that had to be posted, as this afternoon was my last opportunity to get to the Post Office.

One of the cards posted was this one for my Uncle David. He and my Aunt have both been great supports during a very difficult period, and as he doesn't do Christmas, the verse inside just thanks him for being a star, and wishes him a very happy 25th December. ;-)

This card features two separate dies, cut into navy blue cardstock. The little stars are using a die from the Sizzix/Tim Holtz 'Snowy Stars' die set, and the two larger stars are kind of fused together, so they cut both stars at once. It's by Memory Box - 'Star of Wonder', style: 98167.

I layered the card over silver mirri, tied some silver cord around, and mounted the panel on 3D pads. It even went through the post slot. Yes!

EDIT:  Funny story that came about a few days after making this card... I thought the negative cuts of the larger stars from this card were worth keeping. At some point, I would use the dark blue stars on a white background, I thought. Yesterday evening, I went to put something away, and the larger star had been wafted onto the top of a basket. I had my reading glasses on, so my vision beyond a few feet was not pin-sharp, and when I saw this dark, leggy shape on the basket, you can guess what I mistook it for. Apologies to those of you who would quite happily scoop the creature up and put it outside; I'm afraid dark, leggy creatures do NOT survive in my house, if I have anything to say about it. So.. it wasn't moving, so I fixed my eyes on it (which stops it going anywhere, you understand), reached slowly down to my feet, slid off my slipper and brought it down hard on the offending arachnid. "That should do it!", I thought. Sure enough, when I removed the slipper, the thing had gone from the basket and was adhered to the sole of my slipper. Unharmed, thank goodness, and ready for use next time.



3 comments:

Because today is not yesterday said...

I love it! so elegant

AndreaH said...

Love your card, I've done a couple like this but yours are much much better lol. Xxx

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Hi.. Sorry it took a couple of days to publish your comments. I've only had a very patchy wifi service this week.. much more off than on! But BT have been on the case, and it looks like the fault has been fixed now. Hurrah! :-) Thanks for your kind comments. xx