Wednesday 12 December 2018

Poinsettia Collage



I am in love with this stamp. It's a 6" x 6" cling-mounted stamp by Stampendous 
('Cling Poinsettia Collage', ref: 6CR010). 


I made three cards out of it yesterday.. This is the first, destined for my Auntie Pauline.
I swiped the card with an anti-static bag first, then stamped it with Versafine Onyx Black, and used Stampendous Detail Clear embossing powder. Stamped a second image and fussy-cut the poinsettia flowers. Coloured them (both the card and the cut flowers), used gold stickles on the centres and covered the cut flowers with Glossy Accents. Leaving them to dry gives them dimension without any further messing with. I just used Didi Glue Dots to secure them to the card. And, apart from attaching an insert, that was that. Simples!


TIP:  I invested a while ago in a Lakeland dryer-thing, meant for laundry, that creates a gentle warm air 'bubble' supposedly for drying clothes, and it does that very well, but, of course, I used it for craft. I laid my cut flowers with their thick coating of Glossy Accents on a piece of kitchen paper and laid them on the railings in the dryer. Worked a treat and in half the time!


Here is card #2.. Same as above, but coloured background using Peeled Paint Distress Ink, applied with a smoothie, and edged with a Dark Brown Chalk Eyes inkpad.


And. finally, just using the same treatment on the cut flowers, but mounting them by themselves on a plain A5 card, with a stamped greeting... which I managed to smudge a little, hence the little holly leaves! Well, a butterfly would have looked odd!








1 comment:

Lrsmith18 said...

They are all pretty but I Love the simplicity of the last one. It is striking <3