Sunday 2 December 2018

Outlander-inspired


I am a huge fan of Outlander.. the TV series, and the books by Diana Gabaldon. My mother introduced me to the books many years ago, and she talked endlessly about them, and the characters, what they were doing, etc. The main characters share my surname, Fraser, so I was inspired to make this card, using a page from an old paperback copy of 'Cross Stitch', which is the UK title for the first book in the series (called Outlander in the US). What I am most thrilled about was that I tweeted a pic of the card to Diana Gabaldon herself, never thinking for one second that she would even 'like' it, let alone reply as she did, with 'Very nice'. I was so star-struck! For someone with 300,000 followers to be so attentive to her fan-base really impressed me. I'm sure she won't see this, but - just in case - thank you, Diana! x


2 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow how fab that she replied. This is gorgeous. I love the TV series. Read some of the books years ago but got bored after avfew of them. Have seen season one and two and got three on dvd to watch.

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Thank you, Marianne. Like you, I couldn't wait for Season 3, and ordered the DVD. I'm a few episodes in, but still have plenty more to watch!