Wednesday 2 January 2019

A simple card and ATC for a special girl..



My lovely niece has Downs Syndrome. Some years ago, after graduating from her Mencap college in Northumberland, she was given a flat in a supported living complex just half an hour's drive from her parents' home. 

Moving her in was an emotional time, as it was a major milestone in her shift to independent life. As independent as she will ever be. It brought back memories for me of when my daughter left home... so very excited and happy for Laura, but there was that kind of catching in the throat about it, too. There were a few happy/sad tears when the move was complete.

Anyway, a perfect occasion for a card!

And a wee ATC to go with it, which just happens to have a magnet on the back.

For the card and ATC/fridge magnet, I used Pink Petticoat (now The Lovely Studio) Garden Critters download. The 'Bee Happy' sentiment is computer-generated.


2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Hello my lovely..... :-)

What a marvellous time I've just had browsing through all your latest creations & catching up on the going on's in your life... TFS I've had a ball...

Anyway, I'm sure that Laura will love both her new home & her card... oh and her fridge magnet too... fab gift to give her as she will think of you every time she opens the fridge & know that you are always with her in thought. That's very special...

Hope you all have a marvellous fun filled weekend.

Big hugs
Lorraine xxxxx

Amy Sheffer said...

Such a sweet card, Chris! Love the bright, cheery, happy feel!!