Wednesday, 29 July 2009

A simple card for a special girl..

These are exciting days for our family. Today, my sister and my brother-in-law started the process of moving my lovely 22 year-old niece into her first home of her own. She has just finished at a Mencap college in Northumberland, and has been given a flat in a supported living complex just half an hour's drive from her parents' home.

It's interesting to see the different reactions in the family. BIL and my mum are not bothered by the move at all.. they don't see it as her 'leaving home', but although my sister and I are happy.. we are emotional, too... as we do see it as a major milestone, and her shift to independent life. As independent as she will ever be. It brings back memories for me of when my daughter left home, so very excited and happy for Laura, but there's that kind of catching in the throat about it, too, and I think there'll be a few happy/sad tears when the move is complete.

The compex is having a fĂȘte there on Saturday (please pray for good weather!!), and my mum and I are going over to see her new place. A perfect occasion for a card, I think! lol..

And a wee fridge magnet to go with it...



The special young lady in question is my beautiful niece, Laura.. here. This pic is a couple of years old, taken at my brother's wedding. The toothy lady at the back is my equally beautiful mum!

Laura, enjoy your new home, lovely girl!





For the card and fridge magnet*, I used Pink Petticoat's Garden Critters download that I bought last year. The 'Bee Happy' sentiment is computer-generated.
* For blank fridge magnets to decorate yourself, please see the link to my 'Flog' on the sidebar >>>>

2 comments:

  1. Hello my lovely..... :-)

    What a marvellous time I've just had browsing through all your latest creations & catching up on the going on's in your life... TFS I've had a ball...

    Anyway, I'm sure that Laura will love both her new home & her card... oh and her fridge magnet too... fab gift to give her as she will think of you every time she opens the fridge & know that you are always with her in thought. That's very special...

    Hope you all have a marvellous fun filled weekend.

    Big hugs
    Lorraine xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card, Chris! Love the bright, cheery, happy feel!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! If you would like to leave a comment, I'd be delighted to receive it! And thank you for taking the time. :o) ~ Chris xx