Wednesday 9 October 2019

Shaving Foam Turtle



This is the third and last of the examples of Tracy Evans' inspiration using her Shaving Foam backgrounds techniques. (Scroll back to the previous post to see the other two.)

For this one, you just lay a piece of card on top of the foam that you've coloured and swirled, press slightly, then lift off and scrape the foam from the surface of your card using a piece of plastic of some sort. (I used a ruler.)

As mentioned yesterday, I used Faded Jeans and Peeled Paint Distress Oxide re-inkers for my colours, so I ended up with the messy blue and green finish you can just about see underneath the stamp below.


The stamp I've used is the bottom half of AALL & Create's A4 stamp set, Tropical Vibes #141 by Bipasha BK, which I think perfectly complements the blue/green sea colours I used. And I have a thing about green sea turtles, so any excuse...


So.. I used my big stamping platform for this one, as I have not yet acquired the A4 acrylic plate from AALL & Create. (It's on my wishlist.) I heat embossed both the main image, and a second one of just the turtle, which I cut out. The 'Travel' word came with it, so I cut that out, too.

I painted the turtle with Twisted Citron Distress Oxide ink, and the Travel word in Salty Ocean. I raised the turtle up with some recycled cardboard (I don't use foam pads any more), and to help it stand out, I 'painted' around the turtle shape with some white pigment ink. Not sure it worked, but it's OK-ish.

The Travel word was just stuck down directly on the card.

The three 'Positive' sayings were taken from stamp set #7, also by Bipasha BK, separated into three lines, mounted on black and then raised up on recycled cardboard.

What do you think? Does it work?


No comments: