Saturday 12 October 2019

Black Flowers



This one is also inspired by one of Tracy Evans' demos from her AALL & Create ODS in August, but it's my version; I've used different colours, a different shape (DL) and had to improvise on the stamps, as I don't have those that Tracy used. Yet!


To make this, I started with an old background of Twisted Citron Distress Oxide that was smooshed when I was cleaning up my glass mat from a previous session. On top of that, I smooshed Salty Ocean using a piece of acetate so I could be a little more precise. (I cut my acetate into an irregular shape, as you don't want to get straight edges in your smoosh. Unless you do, of course!)

I did use Tracy's idea of placing a spritzed Lotsa Dotz stencil over the top, and dabbing it with a kitchen towell to remove some of the ink, but I must have done something wrong, as it didn't work for me. Will have to try that again another time.

Once dry, I stamped over with the scripty half of AALL & Create's 'Strings n' Scripts' #54 stamp set by Bipasha BK - using the scripty side, but using random sections of it, dabbed on. I used Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide. I really like the effect.

Then I created the spotlight effect using a circle die-cut and Faded Jeans Distress Oxide, and, using the negative circle die-cut to mask the shape, I used That's Crafty! Light Texture Paste through the 'Human' stencil #22 by Autour de Mwa (Abs).

Next, I used the flowers from the 'Botanicals Modified' #207 stamp set, also by Bipasha BK, and coloured them in black to emulate the silhouette effect of the flowers Tracy used in the example I was following. She used the teasel-type flowers from her 'Hope' stamp set. (Also on my wishlist! Wish I could afford to get them ALL.. or should that be AALL! Lol )

I doodled around the edges, and put some shadow and highlight around the circle, and created my own sentiment on the computer using a typewriter font from an old scrapbooking CD I have from Lisa Bearnson. A bit of silver thread wrap completes the card.




No comments: