Thursday 17 October 2019

AALL & Create Circle Challenge - Christmas



Click on photos for larger images.

This was made for AALL & Create's Circle Challenge. If you fancy having a go, the deadline is 23:59 tonight (UK time). For info about the Challenge, click HERE.

This one really was a challenge. I wanted to make one with a Christmas theme, as I've not seen anyone else do it for the challenge, but I could not find anything with festive motifs in the AALL & Create range, so I've had to get creative to comply with the rule that products used should mainly be AALL & Create! #craftwithaallandcreate



Here's how I made this:

1. I used a side plate to draw around for the circle on my A3 Pink Pig journal, and on an 8"x 8" piece of greyboard. I left the circle in the journal until I had completed the paint and ink part of the project.

2. I used the drip technique I've learned from Abs on his demos in his Hochanda shows, starting with a light blue matte acrylic paint (Grandma's Teacup by IndigoBlu), diluted to drip effectively. On top of that, I smooshed some Chipped Sapphire Distress Oxide onto my glass mat and spritzed it well to also apply for the drip effect.

3. Once dry, I used a tiny dotty stamp from Swedish company, Gummiapan to add further interest, and an AALL & Create paint splash stencil #10 from Autour de Mwa to add splashes in dark blue and spots in white, and used the straight lines in that stencil to add a vertical.

4. I used AALL & Create stencil #6 to add to the vertical with a dark blue string of mini triangles.

5. For horizontal effect, I used both of AALL & Create's border stamps from 'Landscape Lines' by Lousie (Louise?) Nelson, and heat embossed the lines in white. I used one of the stamps also to add a vertical, also embossed.

6. For more horizontal background interest, I added a stamped Christmas greeting in Chipped Sapphire Distress Oxide: Stampers Anonymous K6-1971.

7. I added lyrics from one of my favourite carols, 'O Holy Night', handscripted around the edges. (Not sure that works, but I'm going with it.)

8. Then I cut out the circle and pasted it to the greyboard circle for structure. I sponged Chipped Sapphire ink around the edges.

9. I used the AALL & Create stencil #30 as a template for creating the numbers, 25, edging them with the same sponge (Phatfoam from IndigoBlu) that I had been using, and raised them up on recycled cardboard.

10. The 'December' comes from AALL & Create's 'Strings n' Scripts' stamp set #54 by Bipasha BK.

11. I added some stars and holly swirl die-cuts from Memory Box and waste from a Sizzix stars die.

Wishing all the best to everyone who entered the Challenge! x








No comments: