Thursday 31 October 2019

Dragonfly In Autumn



Click on photos for larger images.

Now, I am not a fan of Hallow E'en, but I do love the visual impact of the colours we associate with the season, so here's the closest I might get to a Hallow E'en card!


I have used the wonderful 'On Dragonfly Wings' stamp set #230 by Tracy Evans for AALL & Create (heat embossed using Onyx Black Versafine and clear embossing powder), some background and border stamps from Crafty Individuals (the script and harlequins) and Bee Crafty (the grungy border details).

The 'in Autumn' part of the text is computer-generated, using a typewriter font from Lisa Bearnson, and the King & Queen font.

I've experimented with some grains of chunky embossing enamel in both black & white, as an alternative to paint splats, but not sure I'll do it again for that purpose. Splatting is quicker!

Three amber-coloured faux gems on the thorax finish the card.




No comments: