Friday 11 October 2019

Brayered Butterfly



This is another card inspired by Tracy Evans' demos from the AALL & Create ODS shows on Hochanda. In fact, this is virtually a direct copy. I'm just practicing techniques, and knowing Tracy and her generous nature, she won't mind a bit. Her card is much neater and more polished than mine. Mine looks as though the decorators have been in my craft room and sploshed all over my craft desk! Lol ;-)


I brayered two of IndigoBlu's matte acryclic paints, and ended up making half a dozen backgrounds from the two blobs I put on my glass mat!

Once dry, I used That's Crafty! Light Texture Paste through AALL & Create's 'Human' stencil #22 by Autour De Mwa (Abs), and left that to dry.

Next, I stamped the butterfly, dragonfly and hexagons from AALL & Create's stamp sets (#45 and 'Hexagonal Stem' #206, both designed by Tracy Evans) onto one of the spare backgrounds I made, cut them out, blackened the edges to get rid of that raw whiteness, and glued them in place, raising the wings up. The hexagons were given dimension using a strip of recycled cardboard.

I splashed Daler Rowney 'System 3' white acrylic paint all over the card (and me!), and added the sentiment, also slightly raised, which I'd stamped onto some scrap that already had some stamping on from a previous session, but I think it looks cool like that.

Mounted onto a black mat and then white card. I think that does it.




No comments: