Saturday 2 March 2019

Sweet Lilac



This is a blast from the past... one of my very earliest cards from the early noughties when using long, floaty fibres was all the rage! I love purple and green together, lilac as a bush and tartan, so how could I resist? So.. bottom to top.. tartan paper and purple cardstock, punched with a fancy corner punch. The top layer is vellum. I traced through it and embossed it to produce the white words in a lovely script, and went over the embossing with a white crayon. The lilac sprig is a stamp, but I haven't seen it for years, so no idea of the make, sorry. The image is matted onto embossed silver card, with narrow margins around the edge. The little tag has a K&Co flower die-cut. The eyelash fibre and ribbon drape, the silver thread wrap around the focal image and a few purple faux gems complete the design.


No comments: