Saturday 9 March 2019

Silver Wedding Anniversary



My dad was awarded an OBE for services to the RAF, and one of the privileges is that your children can be married in St Paul's Cathedral. He received his award after I was already married, but my sister had that chance and was married there. Unfortunately, the photos are taken to the side of the Cathedral, so you can't tell that's where you are! Ah, well. Great memories, nonetheless.

So.. this is 25 years on (36 this year), but using my favourite photo from the day, printed in greyscale. I've used a digital paper from Funky Hand, printed the text, and layered onto silver mirri card. I've used a vellum and silver thread wrap, silver metal filigree corner embellishments and rosebuds, also wrapped in fine silver wire with silver leaves. punched silver hearts complete the design.

I also made the one below, but decided it wasn't special enough.




No comments: