Saturday 1 June 2019

Mum & Dad's Golden Wedding



Card for my parents' Golden wedding anniversary, 2006. Sadly, my dad didn't make it; he died the year before, but I still felt it appropriate to mark the occasion. You can't see it very well, but it's an acetate card base. I stamped the script onto some paper that I thought would compliment the golden theme, doodled around the edge with a gold pen, tore some vellum strips and mounted them across the card. The photo was printed and mounted onto white card. The deckle edge was achieved with fancy-edge scissors. The gold bead sprays look more like some kind of exotic spider, so I would do that differently now! Also, I was still using peel-offs back then. Unlikely I would do that now. The satin ribbon bow and matting the top layer onto gold mirri card complete the design.


No comments: