Sunday 23 June 2019

Inky Thistle




This is an A5 size card (5" x 7"), fresh today for the June Challenge on The Bunny & The Bee's Crafty Hive, to produce a single layer card with lots of white space. Not sure this qualifies as 'lots', but fingers crossed! 

This is the larger of the two thistle stamps I have from Fred Mullett. This one's just called 'Thistle' (as opposed to Lil' Thistle in my last post!) On this one, I tried layering ink pads for a layered colour effect, but the flower head wasn't distinct enough, so I went over it with Marvy Brush Markers. 

The background was made with a combination of three different shades of green Distress Oxide inks, applied with the smoosh technique, but with a twist. I saw Julie Hickey on Hochanda recently picking up inks from her glass mat with a piece of acetate to apply it to the card. Thought I'd give it a try. Looks alright, I think, although it's probably no better than the other way. The cross-hatch texture is just because the card is linen effect. Quite pleased with that result, too.

Before I stamped the thistle, I stamped some script in Cool Grey ink by VersaCraft. The stamp is from A Stamp In The Hand, just called 'Background', ref. Q1771. The little round stamp is 'It's Your Day' by Hero Arts, and the 'Celebrate' stamp is from Stampin' Up.








No comments: