Sunday 22 September 2019

Get Well Elephant



This is for a friend who is suffering with a very bad back. I thought the flattened elephant from Katzelkraft's 'Les Jungles' stamp set (ref: KTZ168) was perfect for the purpose! I received the stamped ellie image as part of a RAK from my crafting buddy, Lisa Vipas. (Thanks again, Lisa!)


I used Koh-i-Noor Aquarelle pencils to colour her grey, although if she had been well enough after her last bath, she would be red. I was blessed to witness this in the wild in Kenya in 1966.. elephants emerging grey from the river in Tsavo, then showering themselves with the red earth. Wonderful experience. I was only eight, but I remember it vividly. Me in the back of the landrover, on safari. I was really a lot happier than I looked. Honest.


 The sentiment was computer-generated. The paper was from the Yuletide Memories 8" x 8" pad from The Paper Tree, splattered with black gesso from That's Crafty! and decorated with silver sequins, silver gem-kind-of-embellishment thingies from Hunkydory, and a paper rosebud. All matted and layered on black and white cardstock, and the focal panel raised slightly on recycled cardboard.




No comments: