Saturday 14 September 2019

Cogsworth



This one is a bit more detailed than usual for me. The main image is 'Sir Theodore Cogsworth' - a stamp from Doodlin's by Donna.. a favourite of mine. I always try to make my images differ from the way I've seen others present them, so I've tried Theo as a polar bear, which didn't quite work, and here as a black bear. I'm still not convinced. I have a different plan for the next card. Watch this space!


So.. the background was made from a gelli plate play session, cleaning the paint off my brayer. I used Lime Marmalade from IndigoBlu's matte English Cottage Artist's Acrylic Paint range, and Townhouse Teal, but they combined and the green dominated, as you see! I like it, though.

Then I used That's Crafty Light Texture Paste through an AALL & Create stencil - 'Steam Cogs' #71, and I rediscovered an old favourite stamp from Elzybells (about 12-ish years old).. just random uneven lines.. a perfect border, or floor, as you see here. Sadly, the rubber has perished and gone brittle, but it gives an uneven texture which is ideal for grounding, so maybe not so sad after all! I used Peeled Paint Distress ink for this.

Coggy was coloured with Koh-i-Noor Aquarelle watercolour pencils, and enhanced with Glossy Accents on his goggles, eyes, nose and his pocketwatch. Donna included some words in with his stamp, so I used two of them.. 'Explore' embossed in white on black card, and 'Journey' stamped directly onto the card.

Cogsworth lives up to his name here, surrounded with cogs and a clock from various sources - mainly Sizzix - cut from gold and silver mirri card.

Hope you like him.




No comments: