Sunday 24 May 2020

Butterfly Ribbon



Click on photos for larger images.

This one was inspired by Jean's Facebook Live demo on 15th April: 'Gelli & Stamping Fun'. (You can find it under 'Videos' on the Crafty Individuals Facebook page.)

First, I used one of Flo Langley's lovely background stamps.. the one she calls 'Fried Eggs'! You'll find it on the Crafty Individuals website under ref. CI-541. I also used Flo's 'washing-up sponge' technique for applying the paint to the stamp, and it worked really well on the gelli plate. I'll be using that again! Then applied more block colour on top, and a stencil over that to lift some of the paint  Then white acryclic over the top once the colour layer had dried. (The colour paint is Artist's Acrylic Paint by IndigoBlu.)

I really like the print it gave me. I don't have the 'bell' stencil that Jean used, so I used the 'Bouquet' stencil #73 by Fiona Paltridge at AALL & Create. The 'Fried Eggs' are showing (a bit.. enough) and the lovely roses from the stencil are good, too. 

I don't have any of beautiful Crafty Individuals butterfly stamps that Jean used, but I do have this gorgeous one from IndigoBlu, 'Flutterby', Code FD. I stamped it in Versafine 'Onyx Black', then clear embossed it and fussy-cut it out. (I always run an ink pen [usually black] around the edge of a cut image, to get rid of the harsh white edges.)

The name of the fine gauze ribbon escapes me (words I have always known often do, these days), but it is wired, frays nicely at the ends and works well, I think. I stapled it to the card front before gluing the layers together, and covered the staple with the butterfly. The Tim Holtz 'beautiful' die-cut word helps to secure the tail of the ribbon down by gluing both ends.


No comments: