Wednesday 20 May 2020

Flo's Fried Eggs



Click on photos for larger images.

This one is (very) loosely based on Jean's Facebook Live demo on 8th April. I created the background using four Distress Oxide inks on an acrylic block, spritzed and smooshed onto the card. Then I used one of Flo Langley's lovely background stamps.. the one she calls 'Fried Eggs'! You'll find it on the Crafty Individuals website under ref. CI-541.

In Jean's demo, she used a Chocolate Baroque stamp with Sweetpeas and an industrial-looking lightbulb thing, which I don't have, so I used another Chocolate Baroque stamp that I do! Coloured with Koh-i-Noor 'Anilinky' watercolours, matted onto black and topped with Glossy Accents, splatted with black gesso for good measure, a few scattered gold sequins and some Tim Holtz die-cut words from Sizzix.

In Jean's demo, she cut the focal image in an oval-shape, stitched around the edges and mounted it onto one of the papers also designed by Flo Langley. I treasure mine, so saving them to stroke occasionally! ;-) Apart from that, I love white space and prefer rectangular shapes.




No comments: