Saturday 6 June 2020

Hummingbirds



Click on photos for larger images.

These were inspired by Jean Hardy's Facebook Live demo on the Crafty Individuals FB page on 22nd April. (Click HERE if you'd like to watch it.) Jean was in turn inspired by her DT member, Helen Chilton, so you could say mine are third generation!

The backgrounds are made using Brushos.. a new experience for me. I have had them in my stash for well over a year, but this is their first outing. I'm quietly pleased with the results.

The beautiful stamp is  Crafty Individuals 'Hummingbirds amongst Blossoms', CI-509, which I coloured to go with the backgrounds using Giotto Pens (watered down on my glass mat, and applied with a paintbrush).




I didn't have any tropical palm leaf dies, so I improvised using a feather die from Sizzix by trimming off the ends of the feather 'fronds' and painting them. They make great palm leaves!   




No comments: