Monday 8 June 2020

Lion King



Click on photos for larger images.

This multi-layered marvel is inspired by Jean Hardy's Facebook Live demo from 6th May, still available on the Crafty Individuals FB page, HERE. (NB: Jean's design was also inspired by her DT member, Isa (Isabelle, from Pencil Artventure.) 

I have used different colours and a different focal image, the Crafty Individuals 'Lion King' stamp, CI-524, designed by Ellie Mulligan. For the background, I used various contemporary stamps by Flo Langley, available HERE, and a stencil ('Rota Vitae', #49) by AALL & Create.

Colour-wise, I used Distress Oxides in the background.. 'Salty Ocean' and 'Spiced Marmalade'. Unfortunately, I messed up on the stencilled area. I was aiming for a two-tone effect between the blue and the orange, but forgot to dry one before applying the other, so I got green sludge instead! I could have started again, but I'm too lazy!

I didn't have the lovely blue glitter embossing powder for the coffee rings, so I improvised, using Salty Ocean ink and 'Clear Silver Highlight' embossing powder by WOW on top, which gave a very similar glittery effect. Beautiful.

I don't have any masking products large enough to cover the lion, so I stamped his image first on the card, for positioning, then again separately in a combo of Versafine Vintage Sepia and (stamped off) Onyx Black, coloured with the Koh-i-Noor 'Anilinky' watercolours. I fussy-cut him out and glued him down in the middle, so his mane can blow free!

Apart from the green sludge fiasco, I love how this has turned out. Thanks for the inspiration, Jean and Isa!




No comments: