Sunday 5 July 2020

Birthday Bees



Click on photos for larger images.

I was really stuck with this one, for a few weeks I had been following Jean Hardy's FB Live demos on the Crafty Individuals' FB page, and this was from 13th May, using her clingfilm technique. I knew about it, but hadn't tried it before. Using the Koh-i-Noor Anilinky paints, I made some backgrounds (see photo) and then my mojo took leave of me, UNTIL I saw Lee Mckenzie's gorgeous card inspired by Tracy Evans, which got me unstuck. (Thanks, Lee!) x

The circle is cut from one of the backgrounds I made. I had been thinking of using it with bees, but hadn't previously got any further than that.


I used Crafty Individuals stamps for the background (on top of a brayered base with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink), IndigoBlu bee stamps with glittered wings, some die-cut cogs, the honeycomb and numbuzz (see what I did there?) 😁, a couple of Tim Holtz Idea-ology metal index clips and computer-generated greeting.




No comments: