Tuesday 7 April 2020

Lighthouse Clouds



Click on photos for larger images.


This was made using some of the wonderful new background stamps designed by Flo Langley for Crafty Individuals, launched on Jean Hardy's shows on Hochanda today. 

I'm not an official member of the DT, but Jean is kind enough to invite me to create samples. When I saw Flo's stamps, one of the things that struck me was clouds. So here's one of my efforts using just one of her stamp sets.. 'Abstraction', ref. CI-539, and using some of the stamps from CI-397 'Call of the Sea'. (This is a 6" x 6" card, and I doodled an extension to the lines stamp in one of the other of Flo's sets.) 

I wish now that I had taken a closer look at the bigger verse in the 'Call of the Sea' stamps.. the lovely poem by John Masefield. I would have used that instead. And I'm thinking of adding the word 'sea' to the lower left corner. Do you do that? Think of things you wished you had done differently? At least I got the flung spray and the blown spray! Lol ;-) 
I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied; And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying And the flung spray and the blown spray, and the seagulls crying. John Masefield





2 comments:

Ink Art Designs said...

This is a gorgeous card Chris. Sea themes are my favourite, and the poem is so well written. Yes, I OFTEN go and have an extra play, adding bits here and there lol. Why not?
Dot x

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Thank you, Dot! :-) I did go back and produced a different version, but it didn't work. The wording on the stamp was too small to show to best advantage on the background; I had used an old gelli plate print on textured watercolour card for the sky, and the two were not really compatible. xx