Tuesday 7 April 2020

Faith Tag



Click on photos for larger images.

This was made for the April challenge on The Bunny & The Bee's Crafty Hive Facebook group, to make a tag with a positive message to encourage others through the present Coronavirus crisis.


I wanted to present the biblical theme of 1 Corinthians 13 from the New Testament.. Faith Hope & Love, and as I have a collection of Christian-themed stamps that are almost from that era, it was obvious to use them! The first is the lovely background that I stamped in Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide. The stamp is wood-mounted, 'Faith Hope Love' (ref. G7070) from Paper Inspirations*.


The 'Faith' lettering came from another stamp, and I masked out the smaller text and superimposed the bold word in Versafine Onyx Black on top of the background.

This stamp, also ancient and wood-mounted, is 'Faith' (ref. S089-N ©2003) from Wordsworth* stamps.


The butterflies are both from the same stamp, also wood-mounted.. 'Butterfly #2' (ref. CDD-677C) from Cat Dancing Design (made by Cornish Heritage Farms*).


The poppy heads were cut from stamping the Crafty Individuals' 'Pretty Poppy' (CI-210), twice, and raised slightly on recycled cardboard. 

The 'love' word comes from my growing stash of obscure dies and die-cuts that I've been collecting for a while now... some from eBay, some from kind friends on groups. This word started out as 'lovely', and I cut the last two letters off. I wanted to add 'hope', too, but that's on its way and hasn't arrived yet. Delayed in the post because the Royal Mail is short-staffed, thanks to the virus, bless them.

It was fun revisiting some old favourites. Sadly, *Paper Inspirations, *Wordsworth and *Cornish Heritage Farms are no more. Such a shame. I miss them. Hand me a tissue. From 2 metres away.  #sniff





No comments: