Saturday 1 February 2020

Escape Across Europe



Click on photos for larger images.

This card was made for the February 'Travel' Challenge on the Crafty Individuals Facebook Group, using their fabulous CI-404 stamp, 'Chunky Steam Train Tag'. To me, this image is evocative of a story I was once told by an Eastern European aristocrat, who was fleeing across Europe by train during WWII. How true the story was, I have no idea, but it was an intriguing tale of mystery and romance.. very Agatha Christie! Lol ;-)


I created the background by smooshing grey paint across the card, and adding splats on top with a fan brush. I thought it might pass for smoky steam! I used number stamps from Tracy Evans' Brushflower stamp set (AALL & Create) to add to the background, and added some cogs from Crafty Individuals CI-353 stamp set, 'Cog Workings Clock Face'. I used black cotton thread to wrap around the card, and added the stamped & embossed train image on top, cut out and raised onto recycled grey board for a touch of dimension. I added die-cut cogs from Sizzix/Tim Holtz 'Gearhead' die set, the 'travel' word from his 'Handwritten Vacation' die-set, and scattered some silver sequins on. (My 'thang', lately.)

CRAFTY INDIVIDUALS HOCHANDA SHOWS - TUESDAY 4th FEBRUARY
Jean Hardy will be live on Hochanda at 10.00 am and 2.00 pm, and you can catch up on Rewind on Hochanda's website for several weeks afterwards. Watch out for some giveaways! :-)





2 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Chris, fabulous card and love this stamp. One I used as well to make my card for the facebook group..
was looking for a followers button but you don't seem to have one, so have added you onto my list on my blog...
aNNie

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Hi, Annie! :-) Thank you for your kind comment and for adding me to your blog! I will come for a visit! I used to have a followers widget, but it was full of blank faces, which was weird, so I just have the 'Follow by email' one now. I LOVED the card you made using this stamp.. amazing talent! xxx