Monday 3 February 2020

Dragonfly Accordion



Click on photo for larger image.

This one is for a current (hurrah!) challenge on Tracy Evans - Craft Addicts Facebook group, which is to produce something monochrome, with a pop of colour. I've got four pops, so I'm not sure if that's kosher, but I wanted to incorporate last month's theme, which was accordion cards, and of course, I missed the deadline for that one! #sigh

So anyway, I used Tracy's most beautiful stamp set, 'On Dragonfly Wings' (AALL & Create #230), stamping the background in Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide ink, the words that I've highlighted are in Versafine 'Smoky Grey', for emphasis. The little dragonflies are stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on panels inked with Distress Oxides - Cracked Pistachio, Squeezed Lemonade, Picked Raspberry and Salty Ocean, and I've glittered the wings with slightly diluted translucent glitter glue by Craft Planet. I was too lazy to fussy-cut each dragonfly, but I did give a watercolour shadow around the two panels.

I'm not sure I'm totally pleased with this, and if I'd had more time, I would probably have done better, but it is what it is. Hope you approve! :-) Thank you for looking. xx

2 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Nice fold here Chris, love the stamping.x

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Thank you, Annie! :-) xx