Wednesday 18 March 2020

Vintage Spring



This is my most recent piece, but there has been a bit of a gap, I'm afraid, and I have some posts to catch up with.

This one was just for the fun of it, using Crafty Individuals supplies. The background paper is from CI's paper pad, 'Book 7' - Shades of Summer, the stamp is CI-302 'Floral Postcard' and the little girl is from CI's 'Miniatures - People & Places 2' pad of glossy images.

The extra touches are a generic honeycomb die that I cut in half, so I could have bits cut in embossed gold card showing at either end of the postcard, which was distressed by tearing and using deckle-edged scissors with Dark Brown Chalk Eyes ink around the edges. I stamped a second image, coloured and cut out the flowers, and mounted them on top of some curled up dark blue cotton for that touch of random abandon!

The bluebird is cut out from the paper that would be hidden by the postcard, and I brushed it with blue watercolour (leaving its throat paler), to make it stand out more. Some gold sequins finish the effect.

I hope you like it, and as those of us who are at risk face quarantine for (at least) three months, and the rest are close to being cut-off socially, I wish you all well. Stay safe. Hugs.. xxxx




1 comment:

Gerrina said...

So beautiful! Hugs, Gerrina