Friday 6 December 2019

Lynn's Ellie



Click on photos for larger images.

This is for my sister's birthday next week. (It's OK.. I don't think she even knows I have a blog!) Pretty simple design, but the back story is that we both love elephants and support The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, which is close to our hearts as we had the privilege to visit the animal orphanage when we were children, in the sixties. Amazing memory.


... And the other part of the story is just that I love this cute little ellie digistamp from Lili Of The Valley, called 'Scruffy Edward'. He has had gender reassignment for this card, though, and now goes by the name 'Edwina'.

He is coloured with Koh-I-Noor Aquarelle watercolour pencils, and the balloon is enhanced with Glossy Accents. I found some little red flowers, which now have glittery Stickles yellow centres, there are some 'gold' bradlets in the corners of the panel, which is raised on recycled cardboard (my thing instead of environmentally unfriendly foam pads). There are a couple of silver bows, the background paper is from a Basic Grey 6" x 6" paper pad.. 'Cupcake', I think, and the sentiment is a Sara Signature die from Crafters Companion, cut twice and layered for a drop shadow effect.
 



No comments: