Thursday 12 December 2019

Ice Stars



Click on photos for larger images. 

I made four of these for my overseas friends. Today's the last posting day for Australia, so I'm cutting it fine and can't wait for decent daylight to take the photos! The skies have been so gloomy for most of the last couple of weeks. My compensation is that glitter doesn't show up well in 'real' light.

Scroll down for details..


I started by printing 'Christmas' in the lovely 'Lydia Puente' font (available in your standard font list in Word), then blending a shadow in the centre of each card with 'Hickory Smoke' Distress Oxide. Over that, I stamped the star and circles from the AALL & Create 'Lace Gaffiti' #60 by Olga Heldwein in 'Black Onyx' Versafine. Next, I stamped some stars from Olga's 'Interstellar' stamp set #105 onto separate card, cut them out, ran a black pen around the edges, dipped them in dries clear glue and sprinkled with Decoart Glamour Dust. I attached them to the card with just a tiny bit of dimension using recycled cardboard, then splatted diluted black gesso across the surface. A few diamantés complete the bling.




2 comments:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Beautiful Chris, I love the touch of sparkle x

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Thank you, Sandra! :-) xx