Monday 26 August 2019

Hot Day Blues



This one finishes off the remains of the Waitrose junkmail envelope. There were only strips left, but I wanted to use it all up, as a matter of principle! Lol ;-)

This August Bank Holiday weekend has been one of the 'bursts' of extreme hot weather that the meteorologists talked about on TV.. Far TOO hot for me! I hate it with a passion, so the bright sunshine inspired this one. Thank goodness summer is nearly over, and my annual party day.. 1st September.. is very close now! It heralds my favourite three seasons.. Winter because it has Christmas in it, and the other two because they are so beautiful, and COOLER! Hurrah! :-)

Obviously, I used the pretty printed rainbow paper from the aforementioned envelope. I stiffened it by mounting on thin card, cutting into narrower strips, edging with a Blue Iris Chalk Eyes inkpad, painting with diluted Craft Planet iridescent glitter glue. The background is a smooshed one from a previous session, using watercolour picked up from my glass mat, mounted onto white card for a frame. Then I mounted the strips on recycled cardboard for a little dimension, as I did also the computer-generated text at the bottom.

The 'sun' is the scribble circle from Sizzix Tim Holtz Thinlits 'Scribbles & Splats', ref: 660222, cut from gold holographic paper.




No comments: