Wednesday 7 August 2019

Watercolour Birthday



Pretty sure that this is at least one of the simplest cards I've ever made. I was inspired by a similar design I saw online somewhere, but I don't remember who made it. I like to give credit where credit is due, so if you recognise the style, please let me know and I will make sure that happens.

Click on the images for larger pictures.


Any road up, this is perfect for batch makes.. just create a few splashy backgrounds with watercolour or ink (Distress Oxides would be best, in my opinion), trim them down to fit your card. This one is an A6 card (6" x 4"). I used recycled cardboard packaging to give it dimension, and used a computer-generated sentiment, also slightly raised.

This is perfect for just about anyone.. male, female, young or old. You could always add stamped images, flourishes or flowers, or a die-cut or two, but I think it works as it is.


No comments: