Friday 5 April 2019

Green Golf Birthday



This is one of my earliest cards, made around 17 years ago, and can't you tell?! I stopped using peel-offs many years ago. Mainly because I prefer using rub-ons, or stamps or creating my own on the computer, using text boxes or Wordart. Although I prefer other methods, I still think that - used well - peel-offs or stickers can look very effective. The other tell-tale sign, I think, is that I hadn't learned at this point about smoothing down the raw edges of cut mirror card. Making cards with mirror card now, I place the cut card onto a surface like a glass mat, or my Rotatrim which has a metal surface, and then run an embossing tool around the edges. This smooths down the roughness of the raw edges, which makes a difference, in my opinion.


No comments: