Thursday 18 April 2019

Easter Twice



These are fresh from my crafty little fingers! The paint is still wet. ;-) Made for family Easter cards, they are 6" x 6", using recycled wrapping paper for the background. I've chosen to layer it onto a white card mat for a bit of body, but the colourful floral background presents lots of options. 


The white panel that the daffodils are sitting on has been embossed with a Darice folder.. Peonies, I think.. and raised on low profile 3D foam pads.


For the daffodils, I used the Altenew freebies that came with Issue #188 of the Simply Cards & Papercraft magazine. It has taken me a long time to get around to it, but I've seen so many stunning creations with them that I couldn't not use them! I printed the free digital papers onto cardstock, and then used the die to cut them out. However....


It's a die of several parts, and after the first couple, I lost the will to continue! But even flat and unlayered, I still think they're beautiful. Much respect to those of you who persevered and produced some amazing, detailed 3D daffs! 

Finally, the sentiment is computer-generated using text boxes in Word.



No comments: