Friday 25 September 2020

Christmas Trees Triptych

 

This is a follow on from yesterday's Seaside Feathers, inspired by the same Crafty Individuals FB Live from 16th July, the Feathers Demo. I have promised myself that for every non-Crimbo card I make, I will also make a festive version, as Christmas is just coming into view over the horizon.

  • I started with brayering a base of three colours, as per the demo. I used Distress Oxide Mowed Lawn and Candied Apple, and a panel of Encore gold metallic. 
  • Next, I stamped the snowflake from CI-138 'Let It Snow' (now retired) in the top right corner of each panel, and embossed with a clear sparkly powder from Wow! 
  • Then I splattered with diluted white acrylic paint.
  • The trees are from CI-502, 'Noel Border', stamped in Olive Green Stazon and fussy-cut, then edged in black pen on the outside, glittered on the snowy branches with Deco Art Glamour Dust, and silver Stickles on the stars. Raised on recycled cardboard for dimension.
  • I used gold cord in the background, holly leaves cut using Sentimentally Yours 'Holly Sprigs' dies from Sizzix gold Texture Roll and a red sequin. The 'Noel' word is also from the 'Noel Border' stamp, also mounted on the Sizzix stuff.
  • The background mat is Kanban 'Maple Leaf' embossed gold card, cut with deckle-edged fancy scissors.
  • Added three gold sequins for a finishing touch.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks lovely, love the colours of your panels everything looks tasteful