Wednesday 2 September 2020

China Cupboard



Click on the photos for larger images.

Next in the series following Jean Hardy's FB Live demos. This one's from 17th June, showcasing another of Sharron Bates' stamp designs for Crafty Individuals.. CI-547, 'Time for Tea'.

Jean made her version using like a mini printers tray-type thing, that used to hold some pretty wooden folk-heart style embellishments, which she used on her make. I don't have any like that, so I used a resin frame instead, which I'd just received in a lovely variety RAK pack from crafty buddy, Rachel Harries. Bless her. :-)

I didn't have a printer's tray-type thing, either, so I made a raised card 'replica', to give the effect, glued to a thick-ish card base, which I cut to resemble the backing Jean made out of greyboard. I used the largest out of a nesting set of label dies as a template for most of it, to get as neat a shape as I could. The background paper is from a Crafty Individuals paper pad, and I used images from the 'A Nice Cup of Tea' glossy image sheet inside the squares, also from CI.

 The 'lace' is a broderie anglaise border die from Card Making Magic, and the silver teapot charms are from eBay. Flowers, sequin, ribbon for hanging and cord bow to match all from stash.





No comments: