Sunday 24 November 2019

Grungy Stag



This is the last of my stag series, for the time being. I have other cards to be working on! Again, this uses Ellie Mulligan's majestic 'Highland Stag' stamp from Crafty Individuals and the 'Ornate Holly' die from Memory Box.

I started with kraft card, which I brayered with white acrylic paint. Then I created the background with the handy little script stamp from a lovely A4 sheet from Crafty Individuals which were given away with a stamping magazine earlier this year. Sorry, I don't recall which one.


I was going to stamp the deer separately, and fussy-cut it out, again, but I just lightly stamped the image on the card for a positioning guide, and liked the effect so much, I left it like that.

The edges are sponged with black, and I used a black waxed cord for the wrap. The holly is cut in dark brown and tucked behind the wrap, and I cut an extra tendril to fill the space at the top.

The 'Believe' word is from Crafty Individuals word stamp, CI-258, stamped onto kraft card and mounted on sparkly white card.)




2 comments:

Sylvie Collet said...

I discover your blog.
I like the way you used the reindeer on your cards.
Have a good evening,
Hugs,
Sylvie

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Hi, Sylvie.. Thank you! From you, that's a real compliment. I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner.. have been suffering with a very painful tooth, so not been online much. Hope you're enjoying your weekend! xx