Tuesday 4 August 2009

Birthday card for my Girl..

This is my card this year for Karen, my beautiful daughter. I will be going to visit her this weekend. Not her birthday until later in the month, but she'll be away in Ireland, visiting my brother and his wife, who is doing her PhD at Dublin Uni.

You really wanted to know all that, didn't you? lol ;o)

Any road up, this is not the usual kind of card I make for Karen.. They're usually OTT blingy and uber pretty, but I think she'll like it anyway. It was inspired by a stash accident.. Was tidying up the largest storage facility in my craft room (a.k.a. "The Floor"), and found this flower, haphazardly positioned with a stalk of green leaves, and these papers laying on each other, and I thought, "Ooh!" I thought.. "That looks nice!" So this is a version of how they were!


I have used...
  • Smooth white CS from Madaboutcards.com (my favourite basic CS), trimmed to 6" x 6"
  • Black Bazzill CS
  • Dotty paper from Funky Hand (Salt & Pepper)
  • Scraps of damask paper from Basic Grey
  • Computer-generated sentiment (Cezanne font)
  • Prima flower
  • Gorgeous rosebud (from a RAK from Lorraine, Crafty Coo! Mwaaaah!!)
  • Green leaves from a garland
  • Waxed cotton beading cord
  • Stempelglede border from the 'Grunge Collection'
  • Dark brown Chalk Eyes & Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink
.. And, finally.. This is the young lady this card was made for... My greatest creative endeavour... (I did have some help, though, and I can't claim credit for the design... lol!!)
Hugs,
Chris xx

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great card you made love it.
bye bye,Lean

Lorraine said...

What a gorgeous card honey & I'm sure that Karen will treasure it... I actually feel honoured that my wee rosebud is on it too... LOL

As for your candy win honey, well it is winging it's way to you by 1st class mail so hopefully you will get to dive into it tomorrow night...

Now what's better... Candy or chocolate....???

Huge hugs me lovely

Lorraine xxx

Jules said...

Hi Chris

What a beautiful card for your daughter.

I am sure she will love it.

Very classy - I love the black and white with just a splash of blue.

I hope some of the contents of my floor space never make it onto a card!!!

Love Jules xx

p.s. Your daughter is very beautiful.

craftimamma said...

Beautiful card for a beautiful daughter!

Lesley Xx