Sunday 1 June 2008

Trimcraft 'Summer Blooms' Challenge Entry ~ Scrap Layout

Hey, Karen!! You're famous, honey!! Well... OK... even MORE famous... as opposed to infamous! lol ;o)

This scrap page was a last minute attempt to produce something else for the Trimcraft Summer Florals Challenge, but I'm not very pleased with it. Fortunately, the paper carries it, I think, but the turquoise ribbon was a mistake. Still, not bad for saying I was in a hurry, I s'pose.

The photo is of my beatiful daughter, Karen (if you hadn't gathered! lol ;o), taken at Ascot in the summer of 2004.



The page uses Dovecraft paper (for the brownie points!! lol ;o), but I couldn't tell you which pack (because I'm too gosh-darned lazy to go downstairs and look. Ask me if you would like to know and I will move my derrière to go and find out). The flourishes are Rhonna Farrer's 'Elegant Flourish' stamps. The page title is computer-generated, and the flowers were découpaged using blossoms from another page of the same paper.

If I'd had more time, I would have finished it off with some lovely buttery yellow gold accent beads in the flower centres, some buttons or brads, possibly some doodling... maybe some faux stitches, but then, you can fuss with things too much and push it too far the other way.

1 comment:

Kath Stewart said...

Wow this is absolutely stunning and don't the flourish stamps just add that extra pizazz (don't know if that's how you spell it) don't want to think I meant pizza