Monday 21 December 2009

Might have to re-think this one..

My daughter will be starting a new job in the New Year, as a Community Care Officer for Hertfordshire County Council. It's a fab job ~ her first that will really make use of her recent psychology degree ~ with an unbelievable starting salary! I won't tell you what it is, but I was gobsmacked.. for the first rung on the ladder for her, it's amazing. Not that money's everything, but she's struggled to put herself through university and everything, because neither I nor her father could help, and I am sooo very chuffed for her. She's worked so hard and so deserves this break! :o)
Karen will be coming for a visit just after Christmas, and this is her card. But I'm not happy with it at all, and I'm thinking she deserves something a lot better. I may very well re-do this one.. completely differently! lol ;o)


Guess-Who's roses again! ;o)

And this is my finest creation (but I had a little help)...
Hugs,
Chris xx

11 comments:

Fliss said...

Congratulations to Karen. Sounds like a great job.
My 2 girls also did psychology but only up to A Level and it's a good thing to do as it obviously helps job wise.
Not sure why you don't like the card as I think it's lovely. The only thing I can think of that you could do is maybe add a tinge of colour to the image you've used but you don't need much as the image is beautiful.
Hope you have a lovely Christmas.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Carol said...

Firstly, I think that the card is really pretty, I like it and secondly, you have a very pretty and obviously talented daughter, you must be very proud :)

Carol x

craftimamma said...

From where I'm sitting Chris this card is beautiful, pure class! I bought that same 'Daughter' sentiment especially for a card for my daughter too.

Karen is a beautiful young woman and looks so happy and proud in her graduation photo. She has her mum's eyes!

Lesley Xx

brenda said...

Morning Chris

The card looks beautiful Chris, know what you mean when you are not happy with something but I am sure Karen will adore it and the sentiment is devine.

And I know just how proud of her you must be,it's every parents proudes moment. The 'girl did good' quite clearly.

As each of our graduate we add another picture along the hall wall, only one to go now.

I did psychology as an OU degree when my children were growing up, such a fascinating subject and Annabel is now doing it as well, not that I tried to influence her at all, she came to the decision totally by herself.

If we don't touch base again this week, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

B x

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your daughter on her new job...you must be so proud of her.
As for the card,Im sure your daughter will love it as it was lovingly made for by her by her very talented and wonderful Mum!

wishing you a wonderful christmas Chris xx

Unknown said...

Congrats to your daughter with her new job...good for her.Your card is a beauty.
bye bye and a merry cristmas,Lean.

Kim Dellow said...

Oh just wonderful Chris! Good luck to your daughter for her new job. Hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas. Kim

Allison said...

congrats to Karen- fab card, can't seem to make those flowers at all!
have a wonderful Christmas
Hugs AllisonX

Anonymous said...

Your card is Beautiful Christine...Beautiful photo of your daughter..Yahh way to go...
Merry Christmas` Have a fab time :)
Many Blessings to you and yours:)x

Lesley Edmonds said...

Fabulous news for Karen! What a gorgeous girl!
Bet she loved her card!
Happy Christmas Chris.
Lesley x

Leah l'Orange said...

not sure what you've been sniffing, darling, but put that glue away!

this one was quite lovely! (the card - and your daughter is beautiful, too!)