... when lovely, talented people appreciate my blog! :o) Dolly (whose real name we now know is Vicky!) is a crafter I greatly admire. Her designs are gorgeous, and so fresh and original. And yet she notices my blog. I'm amazed and humbled. Thank you, Doll.. err... Vicky! ;o)
In fact, Doll/Vick likes my blog so much (and a few others who were also dubbed with the Order of the Blush), that she gave me this lurvly blog award! :o)
Hence the title of this post. There, you see? And you thought this blgo was juts thrown together. Wel, their gou yo. Il'l have yoo know this takes degisn and planing. And presicion. Di'dnt no that, did yuo?
Right.. now, you know how things work.. You have to put up with several facts about me you never wanted to know.. sorry.. ALWAYS wanted to know. In this case, it's five apparently.
1. What is my favourite movie? Hmm. That's a toughie, as I am a bit of a cinema fan, and love lots of movies such as Schindler's List, Die Hard, Steel Magnolias, Stepmom, Sleepless in Seattle & You've Got Mail (although I can't stand Meg Ryan, I love the characters she plays).
2. Favourite song... Funny Valentine, particularly as sung by Burt Reynolds in Sharkey's Machine, and I thought Lucy's rendition on the X-Factor last weekend wasn't half bad. No, I mean it was good... although a little bit shrill in parts... and her voice cracked in the end, so maybe I was right in the first place. But she's a nice kid.
3. Favourite classical music piece... Again, many, but favourite has to be Clair De Lune by Claude Debussy. (This isn't the best recording I've heard, but for the sake of speed..)
4. Favourite sports... baseball (World Series starts tomorrow night.. woohoo! Wish the non-subscription British TV channels would show it.. sigh)... ESPN, here I come.. or Fox.. one or t'other! Also enjoy ice-skating, sailing and tennis.
5. What makes me angry? BL**DY FIREWORKS GOING OFF WHEN THEY SHOULDN'T BE!! Don't you know it's against the law? Don't you know every animal in every house for a mile around you is bl**dy terrified????!!! It's not just a case of never knowing when to keep them in or not, it's the fact that it doesn't matter if they're in.. they're STILL scared stiff! I know most people reading this blog are reasonable, kind and considerate people, but if you're not and you are inclined to allow your kids to let off fireworks willy-nilly at any time of year, then GET OFF MY BLOG!!! You're not welcome! The sodding things should be banned from sale to the public, and all perpetrators hung up by their sensitive parts.
They've been going off tonight. Again. Can ya tell? Grrrrrr!!!
Anyway.. sorry.. didn't mean to turn Vill/Dock's lovely gesture into a rant!! Oops.
I am supposed to choose another five people to pass this award on to, but I find this really, really difficult, so I'm going to chicken out and offer it to ALL the deserving visitors to my blog. (That means everybody who doesn't let off fireworks near any house with an animal in it.)
OK. Keep calm and carry on.
EDIT: Hmm. Now why isn't my soapbox man jumping up and down and shaking his fist? I've seen plenty of similar animated gifs working fine on other people's blogs. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, or not doing that I should?