Wednesday 6 May 2009

The tide recedes..

Sadly, I have had occasion to make a sympathy card for someone I work with who lost their mum last week. I would be in bits, I know, so my heart breaks for her.

I love this poem, and it lends itself so beautifully to this purpose. The first two lines are printed on the front, and the rest of the poem on the inside front of the insert. It's a very quick and simple design, with the shells stamped on a piece of the same crisp, white card (from http://www.madaboutcards.com/), using graduated blues from a Kaleidocolor inkpad and then painted with iridescent Craft Planet glitter glue. The panel is then simply mounted on foam pads.

The tide recedes, but leaves behind
bright seashells on the sand.
The sun goes down, but gentle warmth
still lingers on the land.
The music stops, and yet it echoes on
in sweet refrains...
For every joy that passes,
something beautiful remains.
~ Author unknown ~
Hugs,

8 comments:

~Emma~ said...

Chris its simply beautiful. Sending you big hugs.x

Lorraine Robertson said...

Hi sweetie, so nice to have you back with us all again... we have missed you.

Well you may have been MIA for a while but your mojo sure didn't disappear.. superb cards as always my lovely.

Hugs & Kisses
Lorraine xxx

Daisy Chain said...

This is stunning Chris. Love the simplicity of it. It's so serene. The poem is beautiful. I know I miss my Mum, and she would have loved this card.

Hugs Debbie xx

Love Debbie xx

scotspanda said...

what a beautiful poem Chris, so perfect for this sad occassion. I like the simplicity of your card it is really beautiful

lotsalove

Amandaxx

Allison said...

yeah- you're back up and running- welcome back but such a shame it was a sympathy card you had to make
Beautiful card by the way and think I will have to steal that verse
AllisonX

Just Tracys Crafts said...

I Love your card Chris and It is lovely to see you back crafting again.

Tracyxx

Kath Stewart said...

great to have you back in bloggyland again...and some gorgeous cards you have been making....we missed you.
Hugs kath xxxxx

Jozza said...

Hey you,

It's great to see you back up on the blogging horse. Beautiful card and the poem is just wonderful. xxx