Monday 4 May 2009

I don't believe it!!!


Yes! I made a card!! Woohoo! Actually, I'm not very happy with it, but my mum seems happy, and she commissioned it, so who am I to argue? It's for her next door neighbour's 60th, and apparently it's a perfect match with the party invitation, so 'twas obviously meant to be!

The brief was black & silver, so I ran the Cuttlebug Divine Swirls embossing folder through my Big Shot with a piece of black card, distressed the edges a bit, and roughly rubbed an Encore metallic silver inkpad over the surface to pick out the swirls and add to the distressed appearance. I used a flourish stamp underneath the panel (which I raised on black foam), and I think it's that part that I don't like... the flourishes, I mean. Was done in a hurry, and it shows. Not much thought or design gone into it. Ah well.
Used an embossed silver punched heart in the middle of the black flower, a couple of pearl sprays and some pinched ribbon bows tucked in behind. Also suspended a crackled-glass heart bead from the flower, as well. The double spiral clip and the silver foiled sentiment (Craftwork Cards, I think) were from some blog candy.

Well, thank you for popping by! I will be back with a couple more cards very, very soon.. I hope! :o)

Enjoy your bank holiday!