Tuesday 15 July 2008

Rule Britannia..

Again, the eagle-eyed cognoscenti will recognise the layout for this wall-hanging. I was looking for some large buttons for it, but instead found some old, pre-decimal British coins which work a treat! The old penny is Georgian, 1946, and the ha'penny is 1954.. even older than me!!





Wall-hanging using an old CD. Used Crop-A-Dile to punch the hole and set eyelet.
Covered with paper from stash, and used Timber Brown Staz-On to run around the edges, then dark brown Chalk Eyes.
Large brown blossom from stash and black scalloped edge circle spattered with white paint using a cheap toothbrush.
Embossed white circle mounted in centre (uses Cuttlebug folder)
Chalked heart shape decorated with flourish stamp, gold bead spray and old British penny (1946) and ha'penny (1954).
Antique look spiral clip, ball chain and embossed & aged heart charm.
Centre strip of Basic Grey paper mounted on card, inked edges, embossed in gold using Rhonna Farrer Autumn Leaves 'Elegant Flourishes' stamps.
Decorated with cream cotton crocheted lace.
Satin ribbon hanger.

8 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

Wow my mouth is hitting the floor - this is absolutely stunning...mega mega gorgeous I would hang this on my wall any day.
Great work
Kath
xxxxx

Maya said...

Thank you for entering my blog candy and good luck to you :)

Hugs from Maya

Leann said...

Oh WOW Heather ~ I loves this!
Lovin' your pic too ~ it's like I *met* you at last! ;)

Allison said...

just simply STUNNING
AllisonX

Jozza said...

Blimey Heather! Your mojo is working overtime! That is simply amazing! I adore it :o)

Tip Top said...

This is soooooooooooooo fab!!!! I think I have some of those coins lying around somewhere....!!!

Carol said...

This is great Heather, and so different, I love it :)

Good Luck!

Carol x

Leanne said...

Wow, wow, wow! This is absolutely stunning!

There is an award for you on my blog.

Hugs
Leanne
xx